Sunday, November 17, 2013

A Blog About Nothing

My least favorite part about starting a new blog is that I don't have any readers, yet. Of course, I've only posted one slightly boring post. Who's to say that this blog will be a bust? My problem that I'm dealing with now is that I'm not really wanting to blog about anything too personal. In the past, my posts on my old blog had maybe too much detail about my personal life and relationships. This is something that is always sure to come back and bite you later on. People read into things, misapply them, or simply don't want their face on your blog. This is understandable. So I'm left with this dilemma...what do I blog about?

I started my first post on the new blog talking about something that seems safe. Hair. I know a lot about the subject and people are always looking for new ways to do their hair. The problem is that I do this for a living, and while I love my job, I don't really want to spend my off hours talking about work. Even people who absolutely love what they do need a break once in a while.

Maybe what I need to do is just log in once a week and write about whatever feels right at that moment. Leaving out all the personal details, of course. But will people really want to read something like that? Something that doesn't have fun pictures of my daily activities? Something impersonal? Do people want to only read something that's "juicy"?

My sister said to me once that everyone only seemed to like my posts when I was having problems. If that's the case, then this blog is going to be a huge disappointment. My life, at present, is fairly drama free. Obviously, no one is completely free from problems, but my problems are so small compared to most people that they would be boring to write about. (Who wants to hear someone complain that they hate their curly hair?)

I need to find an end to this seemingly endless rant I call a post. So, I close with this. What will be, will be. The end.

Love and lollies,

Mrs. Scissorhands

3 comments:

  1. Ok first off, I hate reading someone's blog when all they do is complain about the drama in their lives!! It's good that you have minimal in yours :) Just post whenever you feel like it. I used to blog 5 days a week, and now I find myself only posting a couple times a week, because I just don't have the time, energy, or motivation to go out and find something to blog about every day. It ebbs and flows...some times I will have a lot to share about, others I can't seem to find anything! Either way, your readers will be here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the inpute! I hate starting a new blog, but I think it was time for a fresh beginning. Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. i like the new blog! cant wait to read abt all your new adventures as MRS scissorhands!

    ReplyDelete